Friday, July 27, 2018

STUDY SKILLS (UED102)

Introduction
Name: Nasywatul Nadzirah Binti Kamaruddin
Age: 19 years old
Place of study: Universiti Teknologi Mara, Kampus Jengka, Pahang.
Course: Pengurusan dan Teknologi Pejabat
Lecture: Puan Zuria Binti Akmal Saad
Topic 1: Getting ready to learn
-Learning Style Inventory
Topic 2: Goal setting
-Goals statement (The Five Steps Approach)
Topic 3: Time management 
-Fixed commitment calendar


GETTING READY TO LEARN
LEARNING STYLE

TYPE OF LEARNERS:

VISUAL LEARNERS
-Prefer to learn by seeing
-Use white space in hands out for notes and pictures
-Use visuals such as graphs, posters, maps, charts and graphic organizers





AUDITORY LEARNERS
-Prefer to learn by listening or speaking
-Respond to oral question
-Pose questions to classmates


TACTILE LEARNERS
-Prefer to learn by doing
-Do activities that involve movement and touch
-Use highlighters or coloured pens



1. What is your learning style
- List your learning style.

Answer:


- Do you have any preferences to learn a certain way? If so, what are they?

Answer: I love to study in two ways communication which makes it easier for me to understand what I am actually learning when I have a strong relation with the instructors. For example, during the class, all the teachers or lecturers will explain everything about their subjects and as a student I must always ask questions to them to make it more fun and interesting.

2. Write one paragraph that discusses how your learning style works. Use three examples from own life and academic experience.

Answer:
           Based on my experience during high school, there are a few examples of how my learning style works. Firstly, I looked up to top students as same age as me in my school to teach Mathematics. It is because I felt more comfortable to study with them instead of my own teacher hence he got a lot of other students to teach. Secondly, I am a visual learner so I would prefer to study in colourful environment, audio and graphics. I used to hate History during my school but I passed every examinations. I was thinking to get a higher for SPM but I could not pay attention during the classes because it was quite boring for me. Until one day, the teacher decided to teach us with audio and graphics. She played some history movies such as Bukit Kepong and Leftenan Adnan. On that time, I started to like history and study more. Lastly, I would like to study while hearing some music because it makes me easier to mesmerize things and less stressful. 


GOAL SETTING

FIXED-COMMITMENT CALENDAR















No comments:

Post a Comment